random thoughts, musings and workings of a totally warped mind. tintin is a colorblind writer who paints,dreams of flying a kite along EDSA, teaches middle & high school writing & literature, and is the future mother of Kulay and Una Rosa Maria.

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

The Great Carousel Ride

I haven't had enough time to be still since I arrived from Davao. No time to talk about that overwhelming sense of accomplishment and pride during that camp; the six-foot drop of waves along Davao Gulf which we traversed to and from Samal island--the kids were screaming, crying, praying and singing "sailing, I'm sailing home.." altogether; the mangroves we planted, the coastal clean-up we did, even the surpsie awarding of badges to the girls--there are so many stories to tell but I am scrambling for time.

There's also the story about Tere leaving for Singapore, that immense sadness I felt when I got home to find the room empty, the extra pair of slippers under the bed, the blue toothbrush...

And then Kulas and his family's pamamanhikan. Now I have a diamond ring on my finger. Though I don't really like wearing rings, I have to admit it feels different to be wearing one that means something special.

I am again leaving town in a few minutes. I hope, when I get back, the world is still waiting for me. The Great Carousel Ride keeps going and it'll soon be my turn to be in one place and stop moving for a while.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home