random thoughts, musings and workings of a totally warped mind. tintin is a colorblind writer who paints,dreams of flying a kite along EDSA, teaches middle & high school writing & literature, and is the future mother of Kulay and Una Rosa Maria.

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Weekend recap

Friday - Freestyle at Virgin Cafe. It's Kulas' favorite band and Jinky is his super crush so I compromised.

Saturday - I went shopping with Tere at Glorietta. I fell in love with Pretty Fit's shoes. They had this silver ballet flats with a small rainbow-winged butterfly perched on the side of the toes; it was simply adorable. People are People's Purple Denim line is so far one of my favorite jeans, and reasonably priced too at P1,099. The anti-social bitch in me turned up that night when two of Tere's male friends approached us, lingered, and then finally tagged along. I was frowning while they were catching up and said an unabashed "no" when they asked my sister if they could join us for dinner. Besides, it was our "date", they can think of me as the evil, wicked sister for all I care.

Sunday - went to hear mass at De La Strada with Kulas, lunch in Malong where we also took a nap in the sala. Kulas then dropped me to Katipunan to meet up with Joacs and Ceia. Dinner with Joacs at JT's in Gilmore.

Monday - finally met up with Ayvi at Cafea in Intramuros for beer and kababs. I told her to get ready for my sermon: she was silent for five months! She didn't take my calls, didn't reply to my text messages and didn't answer my emails. Actually, I somehow thought that she was alright despite her silence, as long as I see her name as editor of the Star's K.O. magazine. I myself would sometimes lapse into a "hanging up mode" where I wouldn't talk to anybody except for people at work and family; even then that would just be because I have to. True enough, she had just wanted to keep to herself. I told her she was selfish. I could have helped her, especially when she needed money for Isis or anything they needed. Well, she said I become selfish, too, when I start shutting out friends when I'm depressed. Oh well.

Falling in love with Adrienne

I am rediscovering Adrienne Rich. It must have been brought about by talks of fashion,feminism and the fat with Ayvi. Hence:

No one has imagined us. We want to live like trees,sycamores blazing through the sulfuric air, dappled with scars, still exhuberantly budding,our animal passion rooted in the city.- Adrienne Rich

She will never be able to love another person as when she was in love with a woman. That love was different, eloquent: it was physical, breathing inside her, growing like an infant in small steps, with fists closed but tender. It was in her mind surging up every nerve, filling her with thoughts that drown her because they are too many, swirling in her brain, like blood…

She prays for that love now, for her to feel the weight of stares at her face, the light touch of pink nails grazing her skin, even the demand of hands pressing on her back . She prays for it now, with a man who loves her, and with whom she vows to love too. But what she needs is this love, as when she loved a woman…

08 September 2004
2:10 pm



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home