random thoughts, musings and workings of a totally warped mind. tintin is a colorblind writer who paints,dreams of flying a kite along EDSA, teaches middle & high school writing & literature, and is the future mother of Kulay and Una Rosa Maria.

Monday, August 23, 2004

A week in a few words, airports and Kulas

I should have written about my week-long trip to Pangasinan last week. Well, I waited too long for inspiration to strike and for photos to be uploaded when I realized this afternoon, sitting in the PAL Centennial departure area that I haven't written about that trip and it was sweet of Kulas for buying me lunch before he took me to the airport.

Amazing how I was in another island this morning and now I'm here in Tacloban typing away before we leave for Ormoc.

I am hungry. This internet cafe doesn't have an aircon and the keyboard sucks.

I miss Kulas too.

This morning, I asked Kulas to describe to me how the Tacloban Airport looked because I couldn't remember. He said all public buildings like airports look the same. No,they have distinct appearnces, I said. I picture Puerto Princesa airport in my mind, and I see it. I think of Iloilo airport and I see it. I can even see the pasalubong stores by the check-in area.

Then it occurred to me that what our eyes can see can be totally different from what our minds can. It is not just a matter of memory. It is something about seeing.

***

Joey Ayala and company will be joining us in Ormoc tomorrow. I hope the workshop is as successful as the first one.

Kulas just texted me he's sad because he misses me.

I miss you, too. I miss you on my skin.

***

Watched the Ateneo-La Salle game yesterday. Sayang they didn't win. Kulas and I were wearing our lucky blue shirts pa naman.

Got to go. The Med Rep in a green shirt beside me stinks.


1 Comments:

Blogger Mec said...

Maybe when you get back, you'd finally get to write about the things that crossed your mind, or touched your heart... while you were away...

:)

4:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home