random thoughts, musings and workings of a totally warped mind. tintin is a colorblind writer who paints,dreams of flying a kite along EDSA, teaches middle & high school writing & literature, and is the future mother of Kulay and Una Rosa Maria.

Tuesday, August 03, 2004


I want to write something substantive for today; a good entry for the week,but I could only come up with mere ramblings straight from the top of my head. I am having such a bad time at work. I do not even want to think and write about it.

All I'm wishing for at this moment is that I could get out of here and finally do what my heart desires.

But there are bills to pay and a household to support, siblings to occasionally feed and pamper. No, I am not being hard on myself. I have grown living a life like this but I want to explore other lives now. A life of my own.

I can have it naman di ba? I can do what I want. I just have to be brave about it and conquer what I fear most: failure. Everyone fears this anyway.

I am resigning from my job come December. I just want to finish my projects and other commitments here. I am not happy here anymore. Traveling (a perk really)doesn't even excite me as much. Hitting the snooze button at 6 a.m. again and again has become addictive. The boss, some people, the bureaucracy, and the sheer politicking drain me. The office has become an energy-vampire to me. Sad. I know I have to get out.

Impractical? But what is practical, really? Work is totally different from a job. I choose to have the former. Friends and even Kulas tell me not to resign until I find another job. Thing is, I don't want to be employed anymore! After saving (or trying) the seas for three years, I would be facing self-employment. Come 2005, I will be my own boss. Our House will officially open and teach art and creativity to kids and I will be doing "regular" freelance writing jobs. I will paint and mount my first solo exhibit. I will finally join the Palanca. I will teach writing and literature again. Best of all, there will never be a bundy clock for me. Ever.

Maybe I haven't done my best here. Maybe I have just been too selective of the times when I would do my best and show them what I can really do. I think that is just an indication that I am not cut out for this milieu. After all, I was not born to conform, be controlled. I need more freedom, space, choices.

This job is not bad at all. In fact, it has taught me things I wouldn't have learned from other jobs. It has brought me to places both literally and otherwise. It is for a cause I wholeheartedly support and adhere to. It helped me send my little sister to school (and she’s now a Swiss Air attendant).

But there are other things for me to do. I simply can't wait.




8 Comments:

Blogger Tee said...

GO TIN! FOR ME AND THE REST OF WORKDOM..KITAKITS :)

5:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck about freelancing! been freelance before i caged myself in exchange for some job security at UP. but i miss the freedom.

ayen
www.ayen.blogdrive.com

7:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi tin, can't say much about that post. I'm the never took the risk type.-mpcb. hope you've emailed pam though. She's at the crossroads too, i think.

11:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good for you tin! follow your heart and where you think you will be happier! not a lot of people your age will think that way! just focus on yourself now!
take care! we are all behind you....

your family in Canada!

1:38 AM

 
Blogger color_blind said...

T: you're welcome tins :) "the old man and the sea" shall soon follow.

LG: it doesn't matter whether it's a he or she naman di ba. IT will come. coffee coffee!

Joax: of course sama ka :)

Lefthanded: really? perhaps the people behind your school knew it all along. hmmm. i wonder if there were "worthy" seahorses in your batch :p hehe

4:25 PM

 
Blogger color_blind said...

oops. i posted a comment onto the wrong entry.

anyway, thanks everyone! it's quite exciting and it's actually nice that i have something to look forward to.

hey, ate cookie? ate candy? tito art? i didnt know you read my blog! you must have gotten it through borgy :) thanks for dropping by :) ingat kayo lagi

4:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of the unemployed! --Orbital

4:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!

Great work,webmaster,nice design!

3gp adult sex clips

adult jokes and sex
amateur teenage sex video

anime sex adult content
are you bisexual test
thank
Burkhard Pfizer

8:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home