random thoughts, musings and workings of a totally warped mind. tintin is a colorblind writer who paints,dreams of flying a kite along EDSA, teaches middle & high school writing & literature, and is the future mother of Kulay and Una Rosa Maria.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Had one of the best weekends so far. Last Saturday, the Kythe Kite Flying Festival (I have an article coming out in the Star’s K.O. this Saturday) was held at the Ateneo football field and I had the time of my life flying a kite for the first time! We were never allowed to fly kites when I was a kid because my grandfather feared that our kites would get entangled with the Meralco cables in our street. Kulas was supposed to join me but he had to be at a friend’s son’s confirmation at the Gesu. Tina was there too, taking amazing photos of the event and the kids of course. I helped the kids launch and fly their kites. I’m a natural, I guess :) Our kite never stopped flying!

After the festival, I was supposed to go have dinner with Kulas and some friends at the Podium but I was too drained and dirty from all that running and flying the kites all over the field. Kulas drove me to Excelsior in Morato instead where I surrendered to Jenny’s glorious hands. Rejuvenated, Kulas and I had dinner at World Chicken in Katipunan—we were so happy! World Chicken is actually one of our simple gustatory favorites. After grabbing café mochas from Starbucks, we drove to Monk’s at Wasabi to watch Tusa, Kulas’ niece who plays with the Latin American band Hairy Dawgs. Grabe, ang husay nila! I’m now officially in love with samba. We’re really considering getting Hairy Dawgs for the wedding reception—them with Hourglass. It’s going to be a great night of samba dancing with notes of standard music and Sting, Sting, Sting! Actually, more excited with the partying after the church ceremony. He he.

Went home at 4a.m. already but I still went to see the Phantom of the Opera with Kulas’ family at Eastwood. Go watch it. Let it break your heart, a cathartic feat. Beautifully heartbreaking. As in.

Chinese dinner (of course) at Macau (again) with the in-laws (to be). I discovered this really cool stall that sells really pretty accessories. Kulas got me a three-strand bracelet of black semi-precious tones (forgot to ask what they are) with a really kikay blue satin ribbon. I also got a silver chain with white rice pearls hanging like a sunflower complete with pink glass leaves. So pretty, I’m coming back.

Now, I had to write this to keep my mind off these really ugly, tremendously itchy rashes that I got out of nowhere. My arms and now legs are covered with these red marks. I had to turn up the thermostat of all the air conditioning units here because the cold temp makes them itchier. Kulas thinks I caught some higad somewhere. It’s driving me crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home