random thoughts, musings and workings of a totally warped mind. tintin is a colorblind writer who paints,dreams of flying a kite along EDSA, teaches middle & high school writing & literature, and is the future mother of Kulay and Una Rosa Maria.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Tintin's (Re/)Reading List for 2005:

1. "Middlesex" Jeffrey Eugenides
2. "The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle" Haruki Murakami
3. "The Fountainhead" Ayn Rand
4. "Life is Elsewhere" Milan Kundera
5. "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay" Michael Chabon
6. "Numbers in the Dark" Italo Calvino
7. "Women's Letters in Wartime" Eva Figes
8. "The City of God" E.L. Doctorow
9. "The Passion" Jeannette Winterson
10. "The Satanic Verses" Salman Rushdie
11. "The God of Small Things" Arundhati Roy
12. "Smoke and Mirrors" Neil Gaiman
13. "Dance dance dance" Murakami
14. "The Blind Assassin" Margaret Atwood
15. "Letters to a Young Poet" Rainer Maria Rilke
16. "Cruddy" Linda Barry
17. "Under the Sign of Saturn" Susan Sontag
18. "Happy Endings" Luis Katigbak
19. "Best Words, Best Order" Stephen Dobyns
20. "Skellig" David Almond
21. "Fast Food Fiction" Noelle de Jesus, ed.
22. "Shampoo Fiction" Douglas Coupland
23. "A Passionate Patience" Ricardo de Ungria, ed.
24. "Blonde" Joyce Carol Oates
25. "Coraline" Gaiman

Good luck, to me.


2 Comments:

Blogger mai said...

Wow Tin what a great list...parang I want to read these books too.

I really love The God of Small Things. It was quite painful to read but afterwards I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Cruddy was very good too. I was originally attracted by the cover but when I read it I really liked the starkness of it. It just felt....sharp.

9:57 PM

 
Blogger color_blind said...

Galing, Mai, no? I read The God... when I was in Silliman and we had to share the only copy among the class. After reading it, I wanted to kill myself. Hehe :)

Yeah and Cruddy was a great read too. Again, I wanted to kill myself because of what children/adolescents had to go through. And we know it's real.

But nah, I'm not really suicidal :)

10:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home