random thoughts, musings and workings of a totally warped mind. tintin is a colorblind writer who paints,dreams of flying a kite along EDSA, teaches middle & high school writing & literature, and is the future mother of Kulay and Una Rosa Maria.

Monday, June 20, 2005

Lost in Transition
(with apologies to Sofia Coppola)

I do not, for the life of me, know how and where to begin writing about the recent events that have transpired. These are changing my life immensely--getting married (one month na!), moving into a new house and a new job as a teacher.

Maybe I shouldn't have procrastinated for too long, but I was always so tired! Even now that I am usually home by 5p.m., the exhaustion is unbelievable. No amout of oversleeping could actually make up for it.

But I'm loving it. I'm loving it all.

I won't attempt to write about my "backlogs" (back blogs? har har) anymore as I don't know when I'd be able to do so. I'll just go back to writing as often as I could again and who knows, the muse Calliope and a bar of S'mores could bring about that fit of inspiration again. Let me take this one day at a time. That's actually one thing I'm learning about this new life.

***

Miss Tintin

I teach grades 7 and 8/middle school and grade 10/upper school English and writing. It's definitely fun but totally nerve-wracking. But I am so lucky to have a job that doesn't make me dread early mornings; a job that pushes me forward and brings out the best in me.

I am also forced to be good--literally and figuratively. Ha ha.

***

Kulas is already a very good cook--and it's only been a month! Yep, he wears the apron and I wear, uhm, uh, yep, he wears the apron. Teehee. He's already cooked all my pinoy favorites: adobo, afritada and sinigang. He really has the knack for it, I'm telling you.

***

My Poetry class/block is starting next week. Wish me luck.

***

Living away from your family gets to be really lonely. I miss my mom and my siblings so much. I miss my friends, too. Sad thing is, I am always too tired to go all the way to Manila on weekends to see them. I can't wait to invite them over for dinner soon.

***

Change is indeed scary but there are good things to come.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles before I go to sleep,
And miles before I go to sleep.

Robert Frost
"Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

3 Comments:

Blogger Tee said...

miss my tintin friend :*(
but :*) for her

9:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't the poem end with: "And miles to go before I sleep...."? Oh well, I might have read the "bastardized" version of Frost.

Glad to hear you enjoy teaching...and your new life as a wife. Great pics, btw.

See ya in school!

Stay hungry. Stay foolish.

2:15 PM

 
Blogger color_blind said...

Ay naku, Mykol. I must have been despairing to go to sleep when I wrote this entry.

It IS "And miles to go before I sleep.." ahehehe

Yeah, I love it there :) see ya!

10:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home