random thoughts, musings and workings of a totally warped mind. tintin is a colorblind writer who paints,dreams of flying a kite along EDSA, teaches middle & high school writing & literature, and is the future mother of Kulay and Una Rosa Maria.

Thursday, December 30, 2004

525,600 minutes

How do you measure, measure a year?
-- Seasons of Love, Rent the musical

It's amazing to think about the past 364 days, tucked away in our hearts no matter how these days were spent. My calendar was marked by birthdays, anniversaries, deaths, deadlines, reminders, vacations, dark and desperate journal entries, meetings, reunions... Somehow it saddens me that there were precious minutes missed because I had been too lazy or scared or bitter but it also warms my heart because the moments I allowed myself to love, be loved, cry, ask, pray, laugh, breathe, had been greater than the moments I wasted.

It's been a tough yet greatly blessed year.

May we all continue living in grace, love and peace. I offer a special prayer for those who are in pain especially those who were hit by the recent disaster in Asia, the survivors of the recent typhoons, for Tatay and Nanay, for Bunny's Papa and Lola, for my and Kulas' families, my friends, and my heart--to always be welcome to joy and pain, for complete healing...

A Blessed New Year to all of us.

Seasons Of Love Lyrics
525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear.
525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?
In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee.
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife.
In 525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year in the life?
How about love? How about love? How about love?
Measure in love. Seasons of love.

525,600 minutes! 525,000 journeys to plan.
525,600 minutes - how can you measure the life of a woman or man?

In truths that she learned, or in times that he cried.
In bridges he burned, or the way that she died.
It's time now to sing out, tho the story never ends let's celebrate
remember a year in the life of friends.
Rememberthe love! Remember the love! Remember the love!
Measure in love. Seasons of love! Seasons of love.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ian Rosales Casocot said...

ahh! one of my favorite songs! I LOVE YOU! I MISS YOU! And, according to my baby nephew, HAPPY NEW NYEAR!

12:15 PM

 
Blogger Bunny said...

Tintinnnnn!!! Thank you, touched ako. :D

Hope your holidays were merry! Buti ka pa ikakasal naaa! :)

I have a feeling 2005 will be a better year.

9:06 AM

 
Blogger color_blind said...

I LOVE YOU, TOO, IAN!

11:55 AM

 
Blogger color_blind said...

you're welcome, bunny :)

11:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Bloggers

"The Bhagavad-Gita is a true scripture of the human race a living creation rather than a book, with a new message for every age and a new meaning for every civilization." - Aurobindo "In the morning I bathe my intellect in the stupendous and cosmogonal philosophy of the Bhagavad-Gita, in comparison with which our modern world and its literature seems puny and trivial." - Henry David Thoreau

3:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"In order to approach a creation as sublime as the spirituality and psychology with full understanding it is necessary to attune our soul to it." - Rudolph Steiner "From a clear knowledge of the Bhagavad-Gita all the goals of human existence become fulfilled. Bhagavad-Gita is the manifest quintessence of all the teachings of the Vedic scriptures." - Adi Sankara

3:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

6:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home