random thoughts, musings and workings of a totally warped mind. tintin is a colorblind writer who paints,dreams of flying a kite along EDSA, teaches middle & high school writing & literature, and is the future mother of Kulay and Una Rosa Maria.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

So how did I spend the holidays, you ask?

1. A couple of days before Christmas found me and Kulas finishing our shopping at the Fashion Market of Market! Market! which, I must say, impressed me this time. I didn't and still don't like the place that much but it won over the mighty tiangges of Greenhills this year.

2. I actually mourned the death of Panday.

3. I had a December 24 lunch date with Mama at Frio Mixx where she let me smoke my lungs out sans the guilt. We bought some more presents and tried on shoes and wished we weren't such girls...

4. I prepared the Caesar's salad and helped with the christmas meat loaf. I also cooked lengua that was good but too rich.

5. Went to Misa de Gallo with the family, cried a bit--missing Tere, went home to eat my favorite ham and hot cocoa. Gifts, gifts, gifts.

6. I spent Christmas day with the Monteses and had a really good time. Gift-giving and a christmas program to the families of their former household helps. After that, jamming with the kids: Tusa conducting and playing the bongos; Belay on clarinet, Gushi on the flute, Bits on bass, Bing and Juan on acoustic and electric guitars respectively. Oh, and Kulas on his shaker made of a Pringles canister and rice. Chuch Mangione's Feels So Good and the Mambo #5 were the repertoire. Christmas joy :)

7. Went to visit Tatay and Nanay and syempre, naki-usyoso at Da King's tomb. I swear, Mama will be seen on TV anytime...

8. The best part of the Christmas holidays is me sitting here in the office, cursing Citizen Girl for being so lousy, stupid and lame.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home