random thoughts, musings and workings of a totally warped mind. tintin is a colorblind writer who paints,dreams of flying a kite along EDSA, teaches middle & high school writing & literature, and is the future mother of Kulay and Una Rosa Maria.

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

It's my first day back at work and the stress is killing me already. But this year, I vow to stop complaining and just keep going. I’m also espousing Kulas’ mantra of I will be the source of joy to other people, and well, it’s been a struggle since I stepped inside the office this morning. Ang hirap, `noy.

How can you stop other people’s negative energies to rub off on you? An aura-shield should be invented very very soon because no matter how a person strive to be sunny, when somebody comes bouncing with all the unwanted negative aura in the universe, you will just be sucked into whatever black hole the other person is headed to. It’s just simple human nature: nakaka-hawa ang “bad trip”. Pakiusap lang sana, wag na mangdamay ng ibang tao.

There, I just whined again.

In other news, Mama has been in the hospital since Monday. At first, we suspected it to be a stroke but thank God, it isn’t. It’s like a prelude to a stroke, you know—had she not been taken to the hospital the minute she complained about the symptoms, she could have had it. There’s a problem in the blood circulation in her brain that’s why she experiences sharp pains and numbness in the left part of her body. Her reflexes are also weak, again another sign of a would-be stroke. She’s been wanting to go back home since day one because she wants to smoke and have coffee already. Sigh, she’ll really have to change her lifestyle once she gets well.

My back is killing me again. It’s like this when I’m stressed. I’ll go to the spa this Friday and surrender to the glorious hands of Jenny or Cristy. Can’t wait.

So it’s settled. It’s going to be at the San Agustin Church on May 12, 2005 at 3pm. We’re still deciding on the reception. Kulas’ folks want to get Albergus as it’s a family friend but Father Blanco’s exclusive to the Makati Skyline. Coconut Palace is another option. Either way, I’m fine with both venues and caterers so I’ll let them decide on this.

I’m also choosing between Patrick Rosas and Denise Go to do the hair and make-up. I love both of their work so the decision points will be based on the prices. Patrick’s sched for May 12 is clear, so that’s another plus.

We’ve also decided on the giveaways; it’s going to be Joyful, joyful Joy’s confectioner’s chocolates in cute boxes that my family and I will start making next month. Kulas wants to give away Choc-Nuts but I’ll have to check out the costs first. We both love chocolates, Choc-Nut, specifically and it will go with our theme of “sweet and simple”.

The entourage is yet to be finalized and a million other things to do. Five months na lang! Oh well, I’m used to cramming, he he. But I sure won’t spoil my own wedding!

4 Comments:

Blogger Wacky Addy said...

five months na lang?!

2:10 AM

 
Blogger color_blind said...

four months na nga lang eh, not counting january. grabe no? and i haven't really started on the REAL preps...kaw na lang kaya chauffeur sa bridal car? hehe. para we'll smoke on the way to the church or pass by starbucks puerta isabel first, while my groom patiently and lovingly waits :). he'd understand that i need that final smoke of singlehood with my best friend

11:04 AM

 
Blogger Mec said...

wow...

first... let me say am gonna pray for your Mom... that love of self and her own health may take precedence over her 'bad habits' :)

and secondly, congrats!!!

i have a wedding blog of my own...

http://crazylovers.blogspot.com

because i didn't want it cluttering my main blog, and it won't go so well with naughty pics and my otehr craziness...

we're still waiting for the pamamanhikan before we really decide what things to be gunning for... :)

but the point of the endeavor is... it's so great, is it not, to be looking forward to sleeping every night with the man you love beside you? :)

happy preps!!!

9:06 AM

 
Blogger Wacky Addy said...

in the story of your life, you'll always have that starbucks cup somewhere in the sequences. ang astig naman ng chauffeur mo =) now that you've publicized the exact date of your wedding, expect the unexpected ppl to show up...

3:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home