random thoughts, musings and workings of a totally warped mind. tintin is a colorblind writer who paints,dreams of flying a kite along EDSA, teaches middle & high school writing & literature, and is the future mother of Kulay and Una Rosa Maria.

Saturday, November 26, 2005


I've been wanting to update this blog for the longest time but then just like Mika, what do you want me to say?

Then again I answered my own question: stories. I have stories to tell.

It's a pity when I rant and say I dont have time to write--be it letters, emails to family and friends, stories, articles, poems. I know it's just a matter of managing my time but doing that IS awfully hard these days.

It was my 27th birthday last Nov.16. I didn't even get to greet myself! You know what I mean? For almost ten years now, I've had this tradition of spending the day before my birthday alone, doing nothing, anything and everything. This year's different, I guess. I spent the 15th in school, between classes and faculty meetings. I'm glad Kulas managed to whisk me away to a lovely birthday eve dinner and a massage after.

Though I felt blessed and loved on my birthday itself (especially with the dozen red roses from Andie, the Snickers bar waiting for me on my desk from Alyssa, the card from my seventh and eighth graders, the chocolate crinkles Iona and Enia baked, Anton's flying kiss, the birthday chorus in English class...), I long for something else...

Is there such a thing as post-birthday blues?

***

My sweet Kulas gave me Anansi Boys (the 578th copy of the 1,000 limited ed.) and an orange balloon at five a.m. on my birthday. I can just imagine now how my eyes popped in surprise when I opened my eyes and found the presents. Marunong na siyang gumimick, to think he'd been telling me he didn't have time to get something for my birthday :)

It was the perfect gift. Days before my birthday, I had made a number of trips to Fully Booked searching for THE book. You know those moments when you just have to get a new book and be told a "certain" story? That was it. Nothing beckoned to me. Not even Murakami's Kafka On The Shore. Now I know why :) Kulas had it all along.

***

I'm assigned to write an article for the school newsletter. Gosh, I DO need to sit down on this one. Ayvi's going to kill me soon, too, as I haven't written anything for the PhilStar KO in ages.

***

I miss my family especially Mama, TJ&Kieyh and Iya and Tere. Can't wait for the holidays so I could go visit them.

***

My class is staging excerpts from Shakespeare's Merry Wives of Windsor on December 4, Sunday 4pm at the UP Theater. I'm both excited and panicking! Good thoughts for us, please!

***

We're waiting for the stork to come...

7 Comments:

Blogger ate said...

yaiiks. Happy Birthday, Tintin :)

1:33 AM

 
Blogger Wacky Addy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:16 PM

 
Blogger . said...

there you go, i was just about to pass the baton to you :D hehe great stories and belated happy birthday!!

12:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ate Tin... I'm sorry if I wasn't able to greet you. Was having a bad week - been having bad weeks actually - and dito lang ako nun palagi sa Makati. Had no communication with anybody from the family at all. Miss you! Sabi mo you're gonna treat me for coffee!!! Alis naman tayo. :(

Borgy

12:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

borgy,

chill out (as the music genre goes). chill out with Prayers.

pipilitin ko ang ate tintin mo for the coffee she promised you.

kulas

11:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

honey, you forgot to mention the sushi party plate blow out followed by "smokey mountain" sing along with meg, anna and julie ann and belay at the piano -
kulas

2:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

borgy,

when Praying try to listen more then talk. Alam Niya lahat ang problema and He also knows the solutions. Try to put yourself in a meditative state - I usually do this in an Adoration Chapel where our Lord is really present.

all of us have "cave-ins" even and most especially the Saints. And all the Saints will tell you that it was in those big "cave-ins" that God was closest to them.

kulas

2:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home