random thoughts, musings and workings of a totally warped mind. tintin is a colorblind writer who paints,dreams of flying a kite along EDSA, teaches middle & high school writing & literature, and is the future mother of Kulay and Una Rosa Maria.

Saturday, March 06, 2004

No day but Today

I don't know where I get my energy these days. What with all the going's on at home, work and my projects, I barely have time to clip my nails.

But it's good. I have been super hyper. Thanks to the encouragement of my friends, Kulas and fellow kindred spirits. I am now working on my projects--both money-making and creative schemes.

Jo mentioned in her blog that the problem of our generation is not "finding one's self"; rather it's "finding one's place". A cliche perhaps but it's right on the target. It's a different world now: we go to school to be (mis)educated and later explore what our hearts tell us to. Then we try to get jobs and when we do, it's only two things: we like it or we don't. There are also the ones who are complacent in growing roots in their office cubicles and just...stay there--not for economic reasons but merely out of mediocrity and sheer complacency. It's like, I get paid every month, go to gimmicks, go out on dates, so what the heck.

And really, what the heck, that's the way they want it, right?

However, there are those who stay in their jobs, hate it everyday but can do nothing but stay because they have a sibling to send to school, a father who's sick, the reasons are endless. Yet given the opportunity, these are the ones who would take the plunge, leave their jobs and do whatever they want regardless of the pay.

So you see, it's not about discovering who you are because we know that already. People might say that our generation is too caught up in trivial pursuits--we have reasons. And we are smart. We know what we want to do with ourselves and our lives only that the world is cruel and there are very few chances. But we need to act soon.

***

My creative services project is on the grind now. I have a number of clients already and I'll be doing the presentations next week. It's scary but also exciting. I need partners: writers, artists, marketing people. I will also be holding art/creativity workshops and camps for kids this summer. I will be needing part-time art teachers. Holler if you're interested :)

***

Also, I have a renewed sense of excitement about my day job. Again, I am getting the projects I want--creative ones.
I met up with my best friends Nina and Sam last night at Starbucks Intramuros and discussed our projects. We will start filming an indie film next month and will show it in indie cinemas like Brash Young Cinema. For the love of the craft, this time (if we get revenues, better. Hehe).

I have meetings later starting at 4pm til about 9, with different people. Marketing people from PLDT, WG&A (bless them passengers) and Earth & Style. If I get these accounts, I'd be able to send my sister to Bangkok as my grduation gift to her.

***

Again, I will be needing creative people. Email me at unang_amihan@yahoo.com subject: Project Brainstorm. Virus senders will be immediately blocked. Hehe. And one thing more, I can't pay much. At least not yet. But if you're just taking up your PhD in Professional Bumming, what the heck, let's make those creative juices flowing!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home