random thoughts, musings and workings of a totally warped mind. tintin is a colorblind writer who paints,dreams of flying a kite along EDSA, teaches middle & high school writing & literature, and is the future mother of Kulay and Una Rosa Maria.

Monday, July 19, 2004

Woosh woosh
 
That's 4-year old Tintinspeak for "go, go". I started talking to myself when I was four, a year that's cataclysmic for me and my siblings, but most especially for me because that was when Mama told me "you'll help me be the Papa to TJ and Tere now..."
 
And so I started reprimanding the little me whenever I'd feel too lazy to get up from bed to prepare my baby sister's milk, or too pissed at having to wash my brother when he shouts "ateee tapos na kooo!" from the john--I'll get pissed because I'm too caught up in reading People's Journal (I read them when I was four--strange,huh. A sign of genius perhaps.Teehee).
 
But of course no matter how many times I'd have to make milk for my sister or wash up my brother, I'd do them with a fervor, a loving fervor that's partly scared of my mom and sick of my siblings' whining. I love them more than anything in the world. And I'd say, "woosh, woosh", talking to little Tintin:
 
Go stand on that stool and get Tere's feeding bottle from the sterilizer on the stove. Go get the soap and wash TJ and give him a bath. Go put that tabloid down. Go call your mom's office to remind her to buy vitamins. Go ask Nanay to change Tere's diapers. Go Tintin, just go.
 
And now these people come into our lives, pretending to be helping us, but nailing us in the end. They don't have the single right.
 
They don't have the right to imply to my siblings' faces that I mismanaged the money Papa had been sending us. They don't have the right to "give us advices" even. Our father doesn't even have the right to do that.
 
He left us and it's his obligation to support us. Fuck, his money hardly stayed in the bank for a week. It's always never enough.
 
I wish my parents never married so then we'd have Mama's maiden name instead. I wish they could all read this. I am ashamed of them. I ashamed of this name we're carrying.
 
From this day on, I am cutting off all the connections I have with my father and his family. He left when I was four. He will be forever gone.
 
 
 
 

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't know me but I read your blog regularly. You are a great writer.

Anyway, don't be too hard on your Dad or your Mom or even on yourself. You don't know what they've gone/are going through after the breakup. And you and your siblings are the lucky ones in the sense that he supports you financially. There are lots of kids left by their Dads totally without any financial (or worst) emotional support, they were left to fend for themselves.

What you can do, instead of being angry at something that you have no control over, is to learn life's lessons and apply it to your future. I know this is easier said than done but do it anyway. And look around you and compare yourself and what you have now to others that are less fortunate. I guess what I'm saying is, based on what I've been reading from your blog--you have a lot to be thankful for. You have Kulas, your job, your siblings, your Mom and your friends. And someday, you may find your Dad quite a blessing as well.

Hang in there and enjoy your young life, you have your whole life ahead of you.

Carrisse

11:58 AM

 
Blogger Wacky Addy said...

sometimes a high-profiled "boredom" can cause us time to face our ghosts...

one thing sure about life is that there is actually no forever. so i dunno 'bout papa being gone forever. let's shoot some caffeine into our veins. how long is soon? dugaaaay na kaa-yo!

6:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

saw your comment on wanda's post. will link you up, if you dont mind.

ayen of boulevard avenue
www.ayen.blogdrive.com

11:25 AM

 
Blogger color_blind said...

Carrisse: thanks for dropping by. i've just reached a point where i can no longer take what my dad had caused. believe me, i've lived with it all 25 yrs of my life. i'm better now so there'll be less of the angry me here. or maybe i'd write about it altogether.

Joax: "boredom" in whatever form is far from where i'm in. kapoy lang dyud kaayo. well you know me more than anyone else. i'll get tired of this eventually and will realize that i'm not angry after all. coffee na nga tayo.

Ayen: hi ayen. love your site. love calvin and hobbes. :) will add you up too.

Vlad: date na yan sa Conspiracy aug.3 ha. ingat ka din lagi. (oo,mang-aaway na talaga ko ng kamag-anak!)

10:48 AM

 
Anonymous Woosh said...

Good writing. Keep up the good work. I just added your RSS feed my Google News Reader..

8:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home