random thoughts, musings and workings of a totally warped mind. tintin is a colorblind writer who paints,dreams of flying a kite along EDSA, teaches middle & high school writing & literature, and is the future mother of Kulay and Una Rosa Maria.

Thursday, July 15, 2004

I never thought I would ever want to kill myself. I was never the suicidal type. But last night, I cried myself to sleep, wishing I could just end it all.

But here I am again, woke up this morning and I almost forgot how miserable I felt the night before. I'm glad I am not brave enough, never will be, to do what I had wished for.

***

"Beautician,nakatanggap ng death threat--nagpakamatay" -- Unang Hirit News item 7/15/04

How many crappy situations have I come across with,or gotten myself into, so crappy they're almost like death threats?

No, I don't have the ability to force Death upon myself. I couldn't think of a way that wouldn't be too gory or too dramatic. An acute pancreatitis like Rico Yan's would be too much of a blessing.

The root of all this?

My father. He who has left us when I was four and my siblings teetering in their walkers; when milk was always never enough, and Mama always out late at night.

I was never one to blame things on somebody. I am not an angry person even if I had the right to be so. In fact, I don't like angry people. Last night, though, I realized how angry I am and have been at my father.

Apathy and indifference have been my best friends. Not anymore.

***

The heart is resilient. And I love life too much to be this gloomy, suicidal kid. Hindi bagay sa akin.


5 Comments:

Blogger REMwastrel said...

Hi. Sure, link me up if you like. Ahl link you too :) Good luck. God bless. Transcendance is key.

10:51 AM

 
Blogger the city reader said...

here's to resilience, dear. :) i've created a new space at www.connect-the-cots.blogspot.com

2:43 PM

 
Blogger DUH said...

here's to strong women. : ) smile naman diyan

3:34 PM

 
Blogger . said...

Thanks for the visit. I haven't had the chance to read through your entries but will definitely do it tonight. Yes to the link. Hope you feel better.

4:34 PM

 
Blogger The Traveling Epicure said...

i'm glad to get that text from you. was wondering how you've been.

a very close friend of mine was found dead in a hotel with her girlfriend. they had garbage bags over their heads and their hands were bound. it was a murder-suicide.

my friend and i would talk about how we would want to die (either by suicide or by some other means) but i never thought it would really happen.

since that happened, i realized i never want to take my life again. life is too precious and too short.

no matter how depressed or miserable i get, i just look at my two nephews, think of my friend and i know things will get better.

i hope you're okay. give me call or a text when you get the blues or when you feel like ending it all.

i'll buy you a doughnut with coffee. :)

7:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home