random thoughts, musings and workings of a totally warped mind. tintin is a colorblind writer who paints,dreams of flying a kite along EDSA, teaches middle & high school writing & literature, and is the future mother of Kulay and Una Rosa Maria.

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Wanted for Immediate Hiring: Tintin's muse

My muse, my muse, come here and save me please.

Thing is, I can't write here in the office. It's too cold, too many people tick-tacking on their keyboards, too many phones ringing at the same time, I just can't, can't write.

Too many excuses.

I can see from between slats of the "tora-tora propellers"/blinds of my window: blue-gray sky, trees (yes, there are trees in my view) swaying. I want to go out. I want to go to the Sunken Garden like I always did whenever I needed to think, back when I was in grad school and stayed in Ayala Heights.

My deadline is tomorrow. It's a video documentary script. I already have one but I have to overhaul it.

I think I'll go for a smoke.And coffee.Free office coffee.

Tintin Manang Driver

What if I got a professional driver's license and drive my own taxi?

The manong driver I talked to yesterday said the "boundary" is PhP1,500. He earns 800 or more on good days. 800 the least. That's, uhm, more than 20k right?

But I'll buy a pepper spray first (for would-be hold-uppers), a map,a car charger, and those dogs whose heads bob up and down.

Gahhhd. Kailangan ko nang magsulaaaaat.




4 Comments:

Blogger Wacky Addy said...

my virgin calesa ride was in dumaguete.

now, where is that muse? *checking under my bed* =)

2:38 PM

 
Blogger sam said...

hey! sa bahay namin masarap mag blog. may puter sa room. tahimik dun 'cept when i watch tv... hehehe...

8:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lefthanded: nyahahaha! brilliant! just brilliant :)
sammie & kid: soon

3:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was me, gary :) --tintin

4:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home