random thoughts, musings and workings of a totally warped mind. tintin is a colorblind writer who paints,dreams of flying a kite along EDSA, teaches middle & high school writing & literature, and is the future mother of Kulay and Una Rosa Maria.

Thursday, April 29, 2004

Sometimes it's good for you to read about other poeple's lives through their journals when you're having an "i-need-to-get-a-life" syndrome. It's usually a rollercoaster ride, this feeling, but what the heck, you've got to get out of it and move on.

And so as I try my darndest to forget about my fuck-ups, I'm learning to face each day one step at a time--baby steps if you will. So many people are in such a mess, too. Even worse. Hell, I don't even care if I'm sounding a la Hallmark. See those sunbeams, o? I'm trying.

Well, among the things I need to be grateful for and should smile about, there's Bunny and her blog. Her most recent entry really made me grin :)

I need discipline and patience. Most of my friends have either won or joined the Palanca while I have yet to even decide on when I will, too. I am plain lazy.

Eric smsd me that Nick Joaquin passed away this morning. I have yet to have a beer with him. Of course, he's one great loss blah blah blah. But not really, when you think about it. He has lived a full life.

OK. Back to work. Im finishing a presentation for a lecture on Web Writing I'm giving in Iloilo next week. Duh. I can't even write well on my blog. I remember when I was still teaching in Silliman. I'll get by naman, I hope :)

Oh and speaking of Eric, he didnt get into this year's National Writers' Workshop in Dumaguete. I dont know what happened--either it's politics or he just didnt make the cut. I dont know na rin how his writing has come by eh. His fiction was the best back in college, earning him grand prizes in USTetika and the Rector's Literary Award. I was always second. Oh but at least I was the one who got the 1.0's in the subjects that mattered to us Lit seniors. Hehe.

Myrza Sison of Cosmo got into Dumaguete this year (and Monica Macansantos, Eric added). Haven't read their literary works, only Myrza's columns. But this early, I have seen raised eyebrows and have heard murmurs...

Buti na lang Mitzie Correa got in. Congrats, Mitzie :)

***

I wish Crayola would have their products here, like the ones theys ell abroad. They only have crayons and oil pastels here. My students love Crayola products pa naman. I lvoed them too as a kid and I still do.

In fact, I bought a fresh box of 64 Crayola Crayons last Sunday at National Katips. Couldn't help it. I was shopping for supplies for my students. Sarap. You get to shop for stuff you like even if they're not for you :)

Back to work na talaga.

PS. Kulas will fetch me later and go with me to shop for more supplies for the camp. Sana di na kami galit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home