random thoughts, musings and workings of a totally warped mind. tintin is a colorblind writer who paints,dreams of flying a kite along EDSA, teaches middle & high school writing & literature, and is the future mother of Kulay and Una Rosa Maria.

Thursday, May 13, 2004

Blogging from one of my favorite cities in the country should be interesting. Here in Iloilo, strangers become friends, you develop new tastes and hear a language different from your own. I have just given a lecture on Web Writing, how ironic as my writing has been really in bad shape. It went pretty well, the lecture, judging by their expressions, nods and their vigorous note-takings.

Boracay is just a bus ride and a ferry ride away. I'm escaping work and heading there in six days. I should be glad except that I miss Kulas, Terenggoy, my family and my friends. Funny, I miss everyone I love now. The thought of curling up in my hotel room with any of the books I brought with me doesn't seem that exciting anymore.

I miss home. The best way to end my day, always, is for Kulas to kiss me good night and Tere demanding for me to stop reading and turn off the lamp light.

Somehow, a five-star hotel service and a very enchanting city can drive one nuts with homesickness. And it's only been two days.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home