random thoughts, musings and workings of a totally warped mind. tintin is a colorblind writer who paints,dreams of flying a kite along EDSA, teaches middle & high school writing & literature, and is the future mother of Kulay and Una Rosa Maria.

Monday, May 17, 2004

The group and I had coffee at Ground, Iloilo's Starbucks according to Erwin. They had the usual gourmet coffee concoctions but none to really give me a much needed jolt. We stayed there for about two hours, with Jay and Jojo alternately trying to be the two-man audience of the conyo Ilongga in what seemed to be a five-inch mini and a white shirt that also drops five inches from the neckline. After coffee, we dropped by Biggy's, a local Korean convenience store (now that doesn't sound right,does it?) where everything cost twice its original retail price. A sugarless spearmint Orbit gum was 30 bucks each! Di ba sobra? Now, being the crazy me, I went around the store picking up items and checking out their prices,simultaneously exclaiming "___pesos!!! grabe!", then bringing the said item to my friends queued at the cashier. I stopped only when the guard asked me what the problem was but was quick to add, "Manong ang mamahal ng tinda nyo!" Hehe. (I have a history with guards remember? :p )

We passed by the church near our hotel to check out the Sunday mass schedules. The English mass was set at 5:30. At least that's what Sam thought he saw.

Well, we ended up hearing the Hiligaynon mass the following day. I was hoping it would at least be in Cebuano which I understand perfectly. Nonetheless, as Kulas texted after, "we received the same grace."

~

The rain hasn't let up since this morning. It's quite depressing. I am reminded of my first few weeks in Dumaguete. Rain, gray skies, away from home, friendless and a broken heart made by a boy in Manila...

I never liked rainy days when I am away. It makes me think of when I was a kid and my mom not spending the night at home; reminds me of school openings and I didnt get the Merit notebooks again (they're too much for my budget,Mama would say); makes me see Papa carrying his suitcases and loading them in the car; makes me remember of the day we left La Vista for good and settle for my grandparents' house in Manila.

Sad? Not really. I just need something or someone to comfort me on days such as these.

~

Vlad texted a few nights ago that Naya was asking how I was and why my recent entries have been sad. I have to agree. I'm trying to work on it though. Being sad gets to be really tiring.

~

I got the best surprise email today from a friend-ex-muse-distraction-addiction. Surely missed K.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home