random thoughts, musings and workings of a totally warped mind. tintin is a colorblind writer who paints,dreams of flying a kite along EDSA, teaches middle & high school writing & literature, and is the future mother of Kulay and Una Rosa Maria.

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Im rushing through this one. The bus is supposed to leave for Cavite in a few minutes. The workshop in Sariaya was probably one of the best the Project has organized. The resource persons (Joey Ayala and Pauline Salvana-Bautista), food, venue,and company were all good. The beach was just a few steps from our room.

Working with Joey A. and Pauline were cool. That will be another post entirely.

Conversations with colleagues during that five-day stay were quite fruitful in that I was made to realize things about my career or the lack of it :p I have plans now--all life-altering. It's scary when you think about it, but again that will be another post.

Oh and I kinda splurged in Young Adult Lit last week. I got "The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants" by A. Brashares, Joyce Carol Oates' "Big Mouth, Ugly Girl" , Lille Bose's "Una and Miguel" and "Little Altars" by the author of the Yaya Sisterhood (forgot the name). I need some light reading that's fun and entertaining and colorful, and guess what, I got all of that and more :) Im looking forward to getting Melvin Burgess' "Lady: My Life as a Bitch".

Projects are brewing up. I just hope I could manage my time better.

Be back Friday. Have fun y'all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home