random thoughts, musings and workings of a totally warped mind. tintin is a colorblind writer who paints,dreams of flying a kite along EDSA, teaches middle & high school writing & literature, and is the future mother of Kulay and Una Rosa Maria.

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Flatter than flat broke

I can't afford to buy myself a salad from a fastfood joint. I have been feeling bloated for days already and I do need to go on a pseudo-diet. But what teh heck, I can't even afford to choose what to eat because I simply have to make do with what's available at home and bring it with me. But this morning, nobody cooked. I got a couple of Ziplock bags from the cupboard and stuffed them with all the chocolate chip cookies from the jar. I munched on them for breakfast and will do so again for lunch. I forgot to bring my tumbler for some milk.

Really. My ATM's begging for mercy so I can't count on it. I searched through all the pockets and seams of my bags to look for coins or bills that could have been stashed in. No dinero though;but there were leftover Orbit Spearmint sugarless gum, crumbs of my favorite Granny Goose Tortillos cheese, Starbucks receipts, paper clips, chopsticks and drinkinh straws.

Later when I get home, I'll start again with my pants and skirts for "pockets of surprises".

Oh by the way, Tere gave me 1 grand. Cool. My little sister can now feed me. I'll quit work and put up my feet now :p Thanks sis.

Giddiyap

Mama and I met up yesterday in one of the dingiest malls in Manila.She wanted to treat me to dinner and coffee and some shopping,too. Oh well. We should have gone some place else.

She took me home riding a calesa. We passed through Jone's and Ayala bridges,Escolta and Binondo. Through the ride the cochero would whip the poor horse and it would halt or skid too suddenly and my heart jumps with it.Grabe, I could have died with fright.

Riding vehicles that's supposed to be enclosed but is not, brings out my acro/agora phobia. It's weird because I ride bikes. I used to drive a Honda XRM and can handle a Vespa Nexus but when riding something like, say, a Wrangler or plain owner type jeep,my heart just prepares to explode. The calesa was not an exception. It also didn't help that I'm scared of horses.

But being with my mom felt like nothing will go wrong so while my fingers hurt with clutching the calesa's hand rail too tightly, it didn't matter anymore. Mama was there with me.

I can dig this...





but this?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home